Friday, January 31, 2014

Quick, Easy, Cheap Bathroom Fixup

Week 5 Project 5

This week, I did a super easy quick project, with the help of my hubby.  For a few months, the towel rod in our main floor bathroom has been broken, leaving a gaping hole in the wall.  It is an eye sore, and makes the bathroom look sloppy.  I've been wanting to fix it because I'm embarrassed when we have guests over. For lack of patience from me, and the unwillingness to go through the process of patching the hole, picking a new color of paint and then painting the whole bathroom, I thought up a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to fix my bathroom blues.

I wanted the bathroom to feel more spa like, so I remembered the last time I was at a spa, they had individual towels to dry your hand, and then throw in a basket when done.  I found 20 nice cloth white towels at Walmart for about $10 and rolled them up.  I then thought, I need something to put these nice towels in, so I went to Hobby Lobby and bought 4 dark brown wicker baskets that were on sale 50% off.  My hubby screwed them into the wall for me.  3 on the wall, (over the big gaping holes) and one near the floor for the discarded towels. The bathroom is already flower themed with exotic flower pictures I took, (on walls not pictured) so the added flowers in vases and candles go with the theme nicely, (all items I had around the house.)  It needed a pop of color, so I quickly created another little fabric flower on foam board to add to the decoration.  Though it may not seem like a big change, I like the new look, and am happy with how it turned out.  Total cost $40.


No comments:

Post a Comment